Yangtze River Cruises
Yangtze River Cruises China
Fascinating Yangtze River Cruises
China is a land shrouded in mystery and incredibly rich in culture, and you will find that there is no better way to explore this beautiful country than to take one of the many Yangtze River cruises. Beginning in Beijing and exploring the river until reaching Shanghai, the Yangtze River cruises offer you an insight into China that will astound you. As you travel down the Yangtze River and stop at some of the most amazing places China has to offer, you will find that you will be amazed anew at each fresh marvel that the ancient Oriental culture of China has to show you.
Here are some of the highlights that most Yangtze River cruises will offer you, some of which you simply can't miss out on seeing:
Yangtze River Cruises Highlight: Beijing
- Beijing has been the capital of imperial China for as long as 3,000 years, and contains many wonders that you must see. Tianenmen Square was the site of the historical demonstrations, and the massive square is a popular tourist destination. The Forbidden City is an amazing place to visit, with 800 buildings comprising the largest palace complex still standing in the world today. You will find that the imperial gardens will astound you at their beauty and perfect landscaping, and the walls towering 26 feet over your head pay testament to ancient Chinese architecture. The Summer Palace is another place you must visit while in Beijing, as the man-made lake and 700 acres of sprawling palace will offer you amazing glimpses of Chinese culture.
Yangtze River Cruises Highlight: Thew Great Wall of China
- The Great Wall of China is a destination that all Yangtze River cruises offer, though you will need to travel from Beijing to the Badaling Hills. The massive wall stood firm for over 1,000 years, and you can explore the wonders of the massive walls and even take a stroll down the ramparts and look out over the panorama laid out before you.
Yangtze River Cruises Highlight: Xian
- Xian is the home of the Chinese Emperor Qin Shi Huang, the emperor who entombed himself with thousands of terra cotta warriors as his burial guard. You can actually take a tour of the necropolis, and you can see down into the tomb to marvel at the unique features of each statue.
Yangtze River Cruises Highlight: Chongquing
- Chongquing is usually where you will board your boat to begin the river journey of your Yangtze River cruises. This city offers a beautiful Chinese marketplace, as well as traditional Chinese cuisine that you must sample.
Yangtze River Cruises Highlight: Shibaozhai
- Shibaozhai is the site of the Shibaozhai Temple, a pavilion built 12 stories high on the banks of the Yangtze River. This is one of the places that you must see, as the legendary pavilion is one of the marvels of ancient Chinese architecture.
Yangtze River Cruises Highlight: Three Gorges
- Three Gorges is a passage of limestone cliffs that your Yangtze River cruises will pass through. The Qutang Gorge is far and away the most impressive of the Three Gorges, as well as the shortest and narrowest. The Wu Gorge offers some of the most impressive scenery, and the Xiling Gorge is the longest of the three. The Lesser Three Gorges can only be visited with a small boat, but these beautiful cliffs and canyons are well worth the visit.
Yangtze River Cruises Highlight: Wuhan
- Wuhan is home to the Hubei Provincial Museum, which is famous for its ancient bronze bells. Wuhan is also where most Yangtze River cruises will disembark, and you will continue by plane to Shanghai.
Yangtze River Cruises Highlight: Shanghai
- Shanghai is one of the most modern centers of business in the world, with the financial district and the metropolis of Shanghai containing some of the largest skyscrapers in Asia. Old Shanghais is another destination that you can't miss, as there are many historic sites that you must visit. The Bund is one such place, as is the Shanghai Museum with its paintings, works of calligraphy, bronzes, and ceramics. Many of the silk factories will offer you a tour and a demonstration, and you can visit the ancient Yuyuan Garden of the Ming Dynasty. Finish off your tour with a traditional Chinese dinner, as well as a performance of the world-famous Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe.
Yangtze River Cruises
Discover Yangtze River by ship! More confortable than ever, more cheap than ever, more phantatastic than ever. rivercruises.org offers you the most phamous Yangtze river cruises. What ever river cruise you are looking for. Here you find everything cheaper and better! > > > Travel Request < < <